DARE TO BE BARE


Happy New Year! 
I hope you've all had a wonderful holiday season and may the new year be filled with everything you ever wanted.
This post is going to be slightly different. We're not going to talk about clothes, but beauty, more specifically natural beauty. As a woman myself,  I love the whole process of putting on makeup to emphasize the structure of my face and to add a little bit more confidence, even boldness. Makeup it's fun! However, I don't make the effort to do it every day. While I am at home, obviously, it doesn't even cross my mind to touch my face with anything other than skin care products, but now I am strictly talking about the working days that require me to have a pleasant appearance.
Having a very hectic schedule and working in a public space, every morning, I look once or twice in the mirror to check if in that particular day it is necessary for me to put on makeup or not. For example, a few days ago it felt like my skin needed a break from foundation as my it was reacting negatively to the everyday lack of air due to the layers of foundation I had on for 10 hours a day. So, seeing how my skin reacts, I decided not to wear makeup. I didn't wear makeup for five days I believe.. and my skin texture improved rapidly. I tend to do this process of letting my skin breathe weekly and it works wonders. It also helped me a lot in the confidence department as I struggled with a problematic skin in the past.
With these being said, I encourage you to accept your imperfections, not to love them, but accept them to the extent that you are okay with yourself. I am not saying to give up makeup. Hell, I wouldn't do that. I love it. I am just encouraging you to let your skin breathe from once in a while.



Have a nice weekend and embrace your natural beauty! 
Loads of hugs, pretty gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@veronica.nicolette